[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - What connector goes to PEC_Power?

What connector goes to PEC_Power?

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

What connector goes to PEC_Power?

Postby skinnym » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello,

I bought the Parallella board, and wanted to learn about how to interact with a JTAG (so I bought the kit and the cables). After looking through the Parallella manual it says the connectors for the JTAG are on the PEC_POWER connector on the bottom side of the board. But when I look at that connector it has tiny connection points, and lots of them. I am assuming there is some kind of additional connector I have to buy in order to get access to these JTAG pins on the PEC_POWER connector. If this is true then what kind of connector do I need to buy to interact with the pins described in the manual on the PEC_POWER?

Thank you for any help and advice you are able to provide.
-Matt
skinnym

Re: What connector goes to PEC_Power?

Postby ajtravis » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby skinnym » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:17 am

Thank you for your reply. It made a lot of sense not to try to buy a specialized connector that would be difficult to directly connect to the bottom electrical pads. You mentioned a Porcupine board to access the JTAG. I have something similar currently which came with my Xilinx JTAG reader, but it doesn't have as many options for different connection types. I have looked through the manual on the Parallella, and the only place I came across accessing the JTAG pins was from the bottom connections on the board. I am admittedly (and probably obviously) new at this. I couldn't find any reasonable sized pins on the board that would connect to the JTAG connect circuit board (or what I am calling the porcupine board if even that is a correct assumption). I suppose my question is say I had the Porcupine board how would I even connect it to the Parallella without using the bottom of the board tiny connectors?

Please excuse my ignorance, and I thank you for your patience.
-Matt
skinnym

Postby sebraa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:32 am

The Porcupine board connects to those tiny connectors at the bottom and exposes them in a better way. That is its only purpose.
sebraa

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A