[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - eLink Cluster porting from 2015 to 2016.11 eSDK

eLink Cluster porting from 2015 to 2016.11 eSDK

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

eLink Cluster porting from 2015 to 2016.11 eSDK

Postby claudio4parallella » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi all,
I am going forward with my eLink Cluster project for implemnting a multicore Neutral Network, and some other scientific applications: Orbital Mechanics and Lattice....

Please, after many attempts I'm still using the old version of "PUBUNTU 14.04-esdk2015.1" as suggested by "Parallella Epiphany Cluster Technical Report", written at Parallel Systems lab.

Any attemp to port the to the last eSDK 2016.11 Ubuntu image was a failure.

Question and request for help:
I've noticed that one of the important upgrades from old images to last ones was the settings of FULL SPEED to the eLink instead of the initial partial timing.
I'm suspecting that this is the reason why the Cluster described is not well working with last image.

Could anybody support me to change time clock, eLink TIME SPEED for eLink in order to have a slower clock and try the eLink Epiphany Cluster using a short flat cable between Porcupines with the last Ubuntu and eSDK available with HDMI ?
claudio4parallella

Re: eLink Cluster porting from 2015 to 2016.11 eSDK

Postby jar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Your assumptions could be right.

If you make modifications, you can submit a pull request to the original repository. I doubt this is a high priority item. You should probably coordinate with Ola directly if you have particular questions.
jar

Postby claudio4parallella » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Thank you jar for your reply.
I'm still investigating studying the documentation and the sdk code.
At present I'm developing applications over 64 cores (4 parallellas) and the environment works like a juice!
I'm still using pubuntu-14.04-esdk2015.1-20150130 without HDMI , headless.
Scientific calculation is welcome, graphics is possible only using libpng.
At least the Master Parallella should have lxsession to watch results ....
Each core could individually move one of this ? ( I'm working on porting this from javascript to C).
I'll notify the request, thanks
claudio4parallella

Postby peteasa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:32 pm

peteasa

Postby claudio4parallella » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 am

Thanks a lot "peteasa" for you suggestion.

I red you were in trouble with clock and other issues during your first attempts.

So I'll go deeple into tests with eLink speed.

What do you think if I'll test this eLink-Cluster system:

MASTER: I'll use last Ubuntu image 2016.11 that should have eLink at FULL SPEED
SlAVE: I'll use the Ubuntu old 2015 image that should have eLink at partial SPEED.

I'll adjust/devide eLink clock on MASTER so, this system I think will point out how to go back to previously working eLink feature via cable.

Thanks a lot, I'll let you know.
claudio4parallella

Postby claudio4parallella » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Bad news till now, all my attempts.
With MASTER 2016.11 esdk parallella, and a modified ".hdf" for 2 chips 32 and 36, every time I run an e-write to a mem address 908xxx on the SLAVE parallella it's raised a Segmentation failure.

It does work when used MASTER and SLAVE 2015 esdk.
So by this way I cannot test the oh/src/elink/sw/idelay.
May be I've to recompile some more than only the "idelay".
uhm!!
claudio4parallella

Postby claudio4parallella » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 pm

claudio4parallella

Postby peteasa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:22 pm

peteasa

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A