Using the LLVM Jit

Moderator: Hoernchen

Using the LLVM Jit

Postby Folknology » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Does anyone with more intricate LLVM knowledge know if the JIT runtime for LLVM will fit into the Epiphany memory limitations?

If so this could be a really useful way to design a JIT based mobile process solution using C.

*Update - Actually thinking a bit more about this it might not even need to fit, the host might even be able to run the Jit hmm..

regards
Al
Folknology

Re: Using the LLVM Jit

Postby ed2k » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:28 am

more search showing, seems we need LLD the new LLVM linker to make moving function more easily
ed2k

Postby dar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 pm

JIT compilation using the ARM host is supported now with COPRTHR SDK using GCC with Epiphany as target. If LLVM had an Epiphany back-end you could use that, but it doesn't, and that is why GCC is used.
dar

Postby Folknology » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

Although COPRTHR SDK Unix like interface isn't my favoured approach Its infinitely better than bare bone OpenCl, much simpler to use and read, overall a really nice piece of work and I am working through the documentation to get a grasp of it. It is also available now vs LLVM 'sometime in the future' when someone with the right skill set can get an epiphany back-end developed and LLD stabilised.

I will definitely explore this route

Thanks dar & regards
Al
Folknology

Return to LLVM Compiler