[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - I'm working on it..

I'm working on it..

Moderator: Hoernchen

Re: I'm working on it..

Postby Hoernchen » Thu May 09, 2013 9:59 am

See http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#license and http://llvm.org/docs/FAQ.html#can-i-mod ... the-source so no, I do not not have to share anything unless I want to.
Hoernchen

Postby philtor » Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 pm

@Hoernchen: Thanks for the link to the github repo. Will take a look.

@theover: The gnu compiler collection is certainly venerable. But I think in the longrun we'll see more frontend languages targetting LLVM. Also, from what I can tell, it's much easier to create optimization passes for LLVM than it is for gcc. There are already passes out there that can do parallelization and they could be adapted for targetting the Epiphany architecture.
philtor

Postby 9600 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Andrew Back

Postby yabin » Wed May 15, 2013 1:19 am

yabin

Postby Hoernchen » Wed May 15, 2013 10:13 am

I'd rather stick to 10f7f2a222d0e83dc0c33ad506a7686190c2f7a2 for the time being instead of chasing trunk unless we need really something newer, because the latter led to a bit of breakage, and are a bit touchy.
Hoernchen

Postby yabin » Wed May 15, 2013 1:03 pm

yabin

Postby Hoernchen » Wed May 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, 1) makes sense, but while i do appreciate the odd polyhedral optimization as much as the next guy as long as we're still working on basic stuff making external tools happy are still kind of at the bottom of the to-do list.
2) is a long way off, so of course eventually it needs to be updated, but at the moment chasing trunk means just running into new issues and fixing stuff that is not immediately revelant to the backend.

My versions of D149/D150 needed quite a few changes to work with my current version of llvm, you can't just apply the vanilla ones from the review website to the current master/trunk, and since they mess with a lot of internal stuff I'd expect them to keep breaking.

So in the end it depends on what you want to do, keep fixing stuff because of master which will pollute the history for little or no immediate gain, or work on the backend and do a proper merge/rebase some time in the future when the backend is ready for general consumption or merging becomes necessary. The latter would also make pulling and merging changes to the actual backend easier.
Hoernchen

Postby yabin » Thu May 16, 2013 10:15 am

yabin

Postby Hoernchen » Sat May 18, 2013 3:42 pm

I've merged llvm and clang with the current master. Please fork the epiphany branch of my llvm and clang repositories and apply your changes to those forks, because there is just no way for me to merge patch files that you stuffed into your fork of the the actual backend repo...
Hoernchen

Postby yabin » Sun May 19, 2013 11:42 pm

yabin

PreviousNext

Return to LLVM Compiler