[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Robot Operating System port

Robot Operating System port

Re: Robot Operating System port

Postby aolofsson » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:35 pm

aolofsson

Postby Gamedrummer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks for letting me know, Aolofsson.

Sorry for the long delay from my last response, I got around the USB issue by replacing the FPGA bitstream with a fresh copy, and everything is working fine now! I will be testing the full autonomy code sometime this week, and I am creating a CMake file for the Epiphany_Node package to compile both ARM code and Epiphany code on a 'catkin_make' call.

--John
http://www.chicagoedt.org/
Gamedrummer

Postby Gamedrummer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:41 pm

I was attempting to run the Microsoft Kinect test code on the Parallella github account. But, while I was installing dependencies I accidentally removed the point cloud library which, in-turn, removed the entire navigation stack. The amount of work it would take to re-install all dependencies manually is a bit too much for me, and the lack of support of Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring) makes this system too fragile, so I will be switching to an Ubuntu 14.04 installation of Linaro and creating the package in Indigo.

I am aware that Indigo has all required packages ready, so my work should not be impeded. This only sets me back by a little bit since the kernel and what I have of the current package should be unaffected, meaning I can just move them over. I will begin the fresh install of Linaro tonight, I will document it, as before, for future use.

--John
Gamedrummer

Postby Gamedrummer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:34 pm

I have successfully installed Linaro 14.08 on the Parallella. I did not need to replace the BOOT partition since (I believe) it should work on the new build. I have also installed ROS Indigo on the system and have just finished installing all required packages and can resume from where I left off.

--John
Gamedrummer

Postby Gamedrummer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:58 pm

I was having trouble compiling my Epiphany code this week and was unsure as to why it was happening, I kept getting the error "/opt/adapteva/esdk.5.13.09.10/tools/e-gnu.armv7l/bin/../libexec/gcc/epiphany-elf/4.8.2/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libmpc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", this was because I did not have the libmpc2 package. Trying to install it through "sudo apt-get install libmpc2" (this is the correct package name, I checked the Linaro installation guide on the software wiki) did not work and I noticed that it no longer exists on [url]ports.ubuntu.com[/url]. To rectify this issue I went to to download the armhf version of the package, dropped it in and installed it with "sudo dpkg -i <name of the package>" and everything works now.

I felt that I should note this since it appears that the libmpc2 package is not easily available anymore and is required to compile the Epiphany code.

--John Sabino
Gamedrummer

Postby Gamedrummer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 pm

I will be attending ROSCon 2014 () this week. I will be there all day Friday and Saturday (September 12th-13th) and try to get some help from some of the most knowledgable people, on ROS, to understand how best to design this port.

If anyone else is attending as well, I hope to see you there!

--John
Gamedrummer

Postby Gamedrummer » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 am

Gamedrummer

Postby 9600 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:10 am

Andrew Back

Postby Gamedrummer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, 9600!

The image and kernel I am using on my Parallella are built from source, not the pre-compiled ones on the website. Though I am currently using the pre-compiled eSDK (5.13.09.10). Would it be fine to create the udev rule and see how it goes from there or is there something in the eSDK that needs to be generated by the linaro user to allow access /dev/mem?

--John
Gamedrummer

Postby 9600 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Andrew Back

PreviousNext

Return to Robotics