[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella SSH Access

Parallella SSH Access

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Parallella SSH Access

Postby cardosojc » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:56 am

Hi

I cannot access parallella by ssh..i'me trying to login with username=linaro, password=linaro but it appears "Permission denied, please try again. linaro@parallella's password:"

Can you help me?

I'm using the headless image.

Regards,

José Cardoso
cardosojc

Re: Parallella SSH Access

Postby 9600 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:51 am

If you're using the most recent image the username is "parallella" and the password is also "parallella".

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby eostroski » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:45 am

Ran into the same issue. This page needs updated: https://www.parallella.org/get-started/
eostroski

Postby pol » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:26 am

Hi Andrew
I download the ubuntu image from ftp://ftp.parallella.org/ubuntu/dists/t ... 611.img.gz supposed to be the last one, and offered users on logging page are linaro/linaro (with which ssh connects) , not parallella/parallella...so I don't understand the previous post...not sure at all of the release I got from the site...can you clarify ? Thanks
pol

Postby 9600 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 am

IIRC the change to using parallella/parallella came about with the January release of a new headless image, and older images — such as that HDMI one — use linaro/linaro.

Agree that this needs clarifying.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby mmirahma » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:39 am

Hello all,
I have the latest headless version of the firmware on the board. But it seems that the SSH is not enabled. Whenever I try to connect to the board I got connection refused error. nmap shows that the connection is closed, i.e., no ssh service is running on the parallella board. Do I need to somehow enable SSH ?

I appreciate your help.
mmirahma

Postby e97 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:58 pm

I don't have a micro-HDMI to HDMI adapter or cable so I'm unable to see any video output.

Inspecting the filesystem of the ubuntu headless image, eth0 is configured for dhcp however ssh is not enabled in /etc/init.d/ and there is no parallella user in /etc/shadow or /etc/passwd .. just root and system users.

edit: it seems using a microSD to SD adapter with my USB card reader was causing the issue. With Serial Debug I was able to see that the card was not written properly, only the bootloader, not even the kernel.

Once I copied the image successfully to the microSD card, everything worked fine.
e97

Return to Linux/U-Boot