[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - A Beginners Guide to getting started with the Parallella.

A Beginners Guide to getting started with the Parallella.

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

Re: A Beginners Guide to getting started with the Parallella

Postby gceline » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Well if you didn't do anything or didn't rename anything, then it is likely you have the wrong files (murphy's law) - recommend you download and copy the correct files into the folder and once you are sure you have the correct bit.bin file for the model you have, rename it to parallella.bit.bin
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:18 pm

Sorry, I did not do any of these extra steps people are mentioning (on my windows SD card writing).
It just all worked for me.
Dr.BeauWebber

Postby linux_illiterate » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks for this excellant guide. Having never used linux in my life I have successfully got my Parallellla booted up and running through Putty and TightVNC (as well as using the prolific cable initially to check the boot process.)

My question: I can't seem to find the compiled binary for xtemp and can't work out how to compile xtemp in the parallella-utils directory. I'll need the dummies guide :)
linux_illiterate

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Well done !
Hmm, Something must have changed.
I will see if I can sort somethong over the next few days, but I am away from my hardware.
Dr.BeauWebber

Postby FHuettig » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 pm

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby linux_illiterate » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 am

Thanks Fred

I must have tried every derivation of the make except that :) i think I was trying make xtemp.c

I tried to run it from putty but it said ERROR: Unable to open X display, so I double clicked it from TightVNC and its working - hooray
linux_illiterate

Postby Stocky » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:21 am

I am using windows. I don't understand where i am supposed to find devicetree.dtb and ulimage
I unzipped the downloads from the quickstart guide and burned the ubuntu image. SD was burned but i see no files there.
Stocky

Postby Rotti1961 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 am

Rotti1961

Postby AndyC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Dear Dr. Beau Webber

Thanks very much for this guide.

Would it please be possible for you to post a link to the Maplin PSU you mention as I am unable to find it.

Many Thanks

Andy
AndyC

Postby ejp62 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi,

I recently got my parallella board with the large heatsink.
My first attempt to make the board run is making a headless system,
and connecting it to my router.

After making the SD card according to the instructions (using 7010, headless images)
the card seems to boot: the router recognizes it, giving me the correct MAC address
and also the right hostname linaro-nano.

However, pinging the board is not possible: the result is 100% packet loss.
Maybe I am forgetting to do something essential?
What do I need to do so I can open a ssh session?

Many thanks in advance!
ejp62

PreviousNext

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)