[FIXED] headless boot: is serial cable mandatory?

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: [FIXED] headless boot: is serial cable mandatory?

Postby ESI » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:27 am

Hi there,
maybe, I can add some info to the MIO stuff. The MIO initialization(input/output/function mux) is usually done in FSBL. The FSBL is generated with the XILINX SDK, using the data from the Plattform Studio. The file ps7_init.c is the code I am talking here. In my imagination/opinion, there can be two problems, which could interfere with USB PHY.
The order of initializing the MIO pins. In my experience the order of initialization of the MIO-pins is rather random. Maybe the MIOs are initialized in a suboptimal order, better said changing the order could solve the problem. E.g. defining the clock signal first(and maybe causing an edge) before defining the data signal could cause such problem.
The second possibility (only guessing here) is, that uboot fiddels with the MIO configuration. This would be really a problem for the USB-PHY.
hope this info helps.I am also planning to look deeper into this matter, but I have still some other projects in the queue.
BR
Joerg
ESI

Re: [FIXED] headless boot: is serial cable mandatory?

Postby nis » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi,

FHuettig's devicetree.dtb, solved the problem (ssh's are not respodnig in most of the powering) of booting in parallella headless microserver, conected only with power source and ethernet.
nis

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting