[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB Issue Troubleshooting

USB Issue Troubleshooting

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB Issue Troubleshooting

Postby ArunD » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:30 pm

ArunD

Postby gruzija » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:11 pm

I have the kickstarter boards and have the exact same problem. A simple USB flash drive is not recognised and have the same error for lsusb. I tried shorting U33 and CR10, but to no avail.

I'm kinda disappointed since its not really usable

Regards:)
gruzija

Postby ajtravis » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby ArunD » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:59 pm

The perspective offered by Tony is correct. I like the Parallella product idea & architecture, and makes sense help to Adaptiva resolve this in ways practical/possible.

In my case the problem is seen without any external cable and/or devices connected. I have not noted any consistency in the rate or sequence of the occurrence of the problem. With this much I have no more ideas to gather more information. So posted this problem here.

One choice, if possible, is to send the board to Adapteva directly for the problem evaluation. The other is I send it back to Amazon, as I have had it with me for less than a month... and let the return process send it to Adapeva - and hoping a replacement will not have this problem. What can I do now to help resolve this for myself as well as for Adaptive, what is the more effective choice?

As an individual buyer, I have put my own money towards this purchase, and as a work around, getting the embedded version is a out of my budget at this time.
ArunD

Postby xilman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:49 am

xilman

Postby ajtravis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:48 pm

ajtravis

Postby ajtravis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

ajtravis

Postby tnt » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Has anyone tried different power supplies with the "faulty" boards ?

I mean one possible cause would be that the proper initialization is dependent on the rise time / curve of the power being applied. This may explain why some boards returned as "faulty" turned out to work great when adapteva tested them themselves.

I checked the schematic and data sheet of the chips involved and I can't find anything wrong with it. There is even a proper voltage monitor that will ensure a good reset pulse and it should get released at the same time as the PS reset from the zynq. To those that have the issue, have you ever looked at the reset pulse going to the PHY ?
tnt

Postby tnt » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:56 pm

nevermind, reading the history I see that the problem is somewhat identified.
tnt

Postby ajtravis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:41 pm

ajtravis

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting