[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Trying any epiphany test: board hangs

Trying any epiphany test: board hangs

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Trying any epiphany test: board hangs

Postby Melkhior » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello,

I've just received my parallella (desktop) & micro-sd card. After a bit of
work, I managed to connect to the board via SSH, using the headless
kernel & bit.bin, and the custom DST without the UART (otherwise the
boot is not reliable). So far, so good :-)

However, no matter what I try in the epiphany-examples directory,
the board hang - all ssh sessions go dead, and the board doesn't
ping anymore. Power cycling brings it back to life. The big heatsink
only got warm-ish so far.

Power brick is rated @ 3A, so it should be more than enough.
<http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/desktop-power-supply/7702801/>

Any idea what I should test?

Thanks in advance
Melkhior

Re: Trying any epiphany test: board hangs

Postby Melkhior » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:12 am

I found the issue - I did not follow the instructions for the SD to the letter:
I did not rename the bit.bin file... so it was probably not loaded and there
would have been no interface with the epiphany.

It works now :-)
Melkhior

Postby xuewang » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:26 am

Dear
I got the same problem with you, can you give me more clear explanation for me? What should I do to rename the bit.bin for using the interface of epiphany?
thank you
xuewang

Postby olajep » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:14 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Return to Troubleshooting