[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Video fails after a few seconds

Video fails after a few seconds

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Video fails after a few seconds

Postby Lou_Reed » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 am

I have got my Parallella booting up. Occasionally it will get to the login screen. I say occasionally because the system will get to the login screen and then go kerrflooey. The screen does not hold and the video becomes unstable and then just lines. It is like getting a bad reception on a distant television station except there is no picture at all just lines. If I can and if it is needed then I will post a picture of it.

When I reboot this happens again, it never allows time to login or change userid or password. I am not sure what happens here.

The text screen on initial boot show everything being successful, except one item fails. That item is :

Starting SystemD login management service [fail]

Now the next line says :

Stopping SystemD login management service [ok].

I wonder how the system can successfully stop a service that it failed to start.

Anyway all the rest of the boot output text is nothing but [ok].

It then gets to the login screen and then after 10 to 15 seconds the video goes to hell.

What could be wrong?

Any help appreciated - thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed

PS This monitor has an HDMI port which I use. But before it became a monitor for Parallella, it was used as a small HD television. I am thinking the problem could be in the monitor with its refresh rate etc. modified to use as a HD television. Could that be the issue? Could simply changing it operating parameters be the cause of this as well as a way of fixing this?
Lou_Reed

Re: Video fails after a few seconds

Postby 9600 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 am

Andrew Back

Re: Video fails after a few seconds

Postby Lou_Reed » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:16 am

Lou_Reed

Return to Troubleshooting