[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Possible dead board?

Possible dead board?

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: Possible dead board?

Postby sebraa » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:30 pm

sebraa

Postby macarphoto » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:14 pm

The problem was indeed Windows 10! I did as you suggested, and used a Windows 7 PC to format and image the card. The board booted immediately, so I'm up and running. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Chris
macarphoto

Postby aolofsson » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 pm

Great to hear!!
aolofsson

Postby tayirvadai » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:26 am

I received the board back in july 2014 and I had been using it sparsely for demo. I have not been using the board for the past 5 to 6 months. I tried to set it up again and i think the board is dead. The bin file, dtd file and uImage files are present in the boot sector. I used the desktop version of 7010. I read through some of the recommendations and i found that booting up with the serial port would be the best way to easily diagnose the issue. This also seemed to be not working. i am using the power adapter provided with the board and the serial port does not seem to be receiving any information (I verified that the serial port connector is working with a rpi ). I can see the power LED (green) on and beyond that nothing seems to be working. Is there any other suggestions. I am planning to download the headless and try again. Again any suggestions would be helpful.

Update: It still did not work with headless image.
tayirvadai

Postby aolofsson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:56 pm

So you are saying that you nothing changed between now and before except that the board got older?
For the serial port, what does "not working" mean?
aolofsson

Postby tayirvadai » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:21 pm

When i mean nothing works, i do not see the booting process. Unlike Raspberry Pi, i do not see the booting process. I just wanted to inform that the board was not recently purchased and i have not used it extensively. The minicom screen does not show anything. When i try the same cable on a raspberry pi, i can login and use it. But parallella does not show it is booting and no output is seen. I even tried the example of changing the /etc/rc.local to include e-toggle-led program at boot up to verify if the led blinked, but it did not. Thanks.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for a great product and also for your enthusiasm in it. I have not seen any other kickstarter person get involved into daily forums.!! Appreciate it..
tayirvadai

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting