[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Open source GPU

Open source GPU

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Open source GPU

Postby minkanjin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Is there anyone undertaking this by any chance:
Unfortunately I don't have the skill-set to do it, but I would be happy if there is someone else willing to take it on.

I also remember there being another GPU project, but I think it fell through.
minkanjin

Re: Open source GPU

Postby aolofsson » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:25 pm

What is the question? Whether anyone has ported it to parallella and created the drivers for it?

Here are three open source GPUs, ranked in terms of activity

(most) https://github.com/jbush001/NyuziProcessor
https://github.com/VerticalResearchGroup/miaow
https://github.com/asicguy/gplgpu
aolofsson

Postby minkanjin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:46 am

Ah, yes, I meant to ask if anyone has ported it to the Parallella or is working towards that.
I backed a croudfunder for a GPU that was going to be designed primarily for the parallella (I think it is the third option you listed), but that project seems to have fell through unfortunately.
The other two seems promising, but not parallella specific. So I was hoping someone tried to port one of them.
minkanjin

Postby adexmont » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm

not sure this is applicable but someone may found something interesting in this post after some year of open gpu publications :
https://jbush001.github.io/2016/07/24/g ... rough.html
I'm sorry but I'm not able to understand and port this work to THE board.
Thanks to the hero who will giva a gpu to parallella.

A
adexmont

Return to FPGA Design