[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - LISP for the parallella-16

LISP for the parallella-16

LISP for the parallella-16

Postby drewvid » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:17 am

drewvid

Re: LISP for the parallella-16

Postby aolofsson » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:08 am

Brilliant! Send me a note if you want to publish those blog posts at parallella.org. Either way I look forward to reading them!

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby drewvid » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:52 am

Here is the first blog post about Parallella-LISP:

This post concentrates on the runtime environment. Later posts will describe how to build applications using both LISP and the LIST processing library.
drewvid

Postby theover » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi Drewvid,

I've downloaded and tried running you Lisp interpreter for the Epiphany, and it works great! I'm glad you took some of my forum thread on Lisp and put all this work in.

I didn't check how big a piece of code can load into the interpreter in an Epiphany node, but the examples are serious enough Lisp, and run fast enough. I hoped for a interactive evaluator, but that may be hard to do with the current Epiphay example code, but it would be fun to route calls/codes from on node to another and be able to play interactively with the Lisp.

I don't know how (incredibly) far it is to take a big piece of LISP code like Maxima runs at and take some evaluation parts from the main Zynq memory, send them to this interpreter and get the results back, but it's interesting to think about little applications. I was glad that for instance (faculty 20) runs good and the return value is correct, I don't know how much stack space that takes, but it was alright.

If I understand it right, the 23 kB of C code with the REPL function gets compiled for the Epiphany core, right ? Good that that fits, does it stay in the cores and have the ability to get called again with new strings fed to the REPL function without the need to reload and restart the Epiphan cores ?

T.
theover

Postby drewvid » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:21 pm

drewvid

Return to Lisp