[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - How to enable the Epiphany low power mode

How to enable the Epiphany low power mode

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

How to enable the Epiphany low power mode

Postby aolofsson » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 pm

aolofsson

Re: How to enable the Epiphany low power mode

Postby ubii » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:16 pm

aolofsson,

When I attempt to enable the Epiphany low power mode using the github version, I get the following error message:

sudo: bin/lowpower-mode.elf: command not found

If I use the version that was included in the default image, located in /home/linaro/Parallella/epiphany-examples/clockgating_mode, it works, as the necessary elf exists.

The following files exist in /home/linaro/Parallella/epiphany-examples/clockgating_mode/bin, but do not exist in the github version after running the build.sh script:

e-lowpower-mode.elf
e-lowpower-mode.srec
e_link_lowpower_mode.elf
e_link_lowpower_mode.srec
link_lowpower_mode.elf
lowpower-mode.elf

Obviously, I can used the provided version that was part of the default image, but I would like to get the github version working, as well. Also, once low power mode has been enabled, what is the best way to confirm that it is in fact enabled?
ubii

Postby aolofsson » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks for finding the error. Fixed in github repo!

You would see the power savings if you have a way of measuring the current from the 5V supply.
aolofsson

Postby ubii » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:18 pm

aolofsson,

Do you have any examples of before and after readings that we can use as a basis for comparison?
ubii

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)