keyboard weirdness

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

keyboard weirdness

Postby svidgen » Sun May 04, 2014 9:20 pm

I'm experiencing weirdness with both a regular USB keyboard, and my Logitech K400r (wireless keyboard + touchpad).

1. The standard USB keyboard doesn't appear to be hot-swappable. Is this a limitation of the Parallella hardware? Or, is there a linux setting or package I should be looking for?

2. My wireless Logitech keyboard/trackpad (K400r using a USB dongle) only seems to be recognized after the standard USB keyboard has been recognized. In my testing, I've had to unplug the standard keyboard after it's been recognized and replace it with the Logitech dongle, after which it works as expected. Again, is this a limitation of the hardware? Or, is there a linux setting or package I should look for?

I am by no means up to speed on my linux configs or scripting. But, if there isn't a packaged solution for this, my hope is that one of you savvy folks knows how to script something on startup to rescan, reinitiate, or statically configure Ubuntu to think this wireless keyboard is "always" connected. Or something.

Thanks!
svidgen

Re: keyboard weirdness

Postby shodruk » Sun May 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories