[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - The X500 Plus computer case

The X500 Plus computer case

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

The X500 Plus computer case

Postby Ikilledher » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Last week I stumbled upon the . Although I already ordered a few Parallella cases during the Kickstarter I really like this ‘case’ to have a Parallella-board inside. I figured you might like it too. Cheers! :)
Ikilledher

Re: The X500 Plus computer case

Postby ysapir » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 pm

This way too cool! I did not have an Amiga, but I did have a Dragon 64, which shares the same style of design. Great idea, but I think nowadays I prefer smaller, as-concealed-as-possible form factors.
ysapir

Postby Izikiel » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Another cool option would be using the motorola atrix lapdock
Izikiel

Postby 9600 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I love the creativity exhibited when people get to design their own cases for small form factor computers, and the diversity you see in personal tastes is great! Reminds me of the early-mid 1980s when people would have DIY wood, acrylic and metal enclosures of all shapes and sizes.

For me it would have to be a cluster of Parallella boards mounted vertically in a 19" subrack frame, in a desktop enclosure, with perhaps a front panel made from smoked acrylic. Yes, incredibly '80s! A nod to the I started building as a kid but never got to complete :D

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby jlambrecht » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Great stuff, this machine was awesome as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAI_Personal_Computer
jlambrecht

Postby 9600 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:21 am

We need a Parallella version of the , with similarly protected GPIO breakout and breadboard etc. :)

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby alizah » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:28 am

its really nice and thanks to others for their suggestions :)
alizah

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories