[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Regarding "hardware utility libraries"

Regarding "hardware utility libraries"

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Regarding "hardware utility libraries"

Postby utzig » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 am

Hi,

I have just built the SDK to start programming for the Epiphany processor. I have some (probably n00b) doubts which I haven't found answers for in any topic here.

The examples I downloaded like matmul, fft2d and such include some headers like e_host.h, e_ic.h and e_dma.h which I haven't found. On the ESDK page (http://www.adapteva.com/products/software/esdk/) there's reference to "Multicore communication and hardware utility libraries". I suppose that library contains those headers. It doesn't seem to be part of the SDK. Is it available for download? When I go to downloads and try to download that it requests a ftp username which I don't have (I suppose)... I have no big interest in the Eclipse IDE, only in those libraries!

And just out of curiosity, that page also mentions "Fast functional simulator with instruction trace capability". Was that developed "In House" from scratch?
utzig

Re: Regarding "hardware utility libraries"

Postby simoncook » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am

Hi utzig,

Currently that library is not part of the SDK source found on GitHub. If you have early SDK access as part of a kickstarter pledege (i.e. a ftp login for parallella) then you can download the libraries there as part of a binary release. We are currently working on releasing that library as part of the open source SDK which will then be downloadable by all.

Regarding the simulator, it is a based simulator, using the same instruction descriptions used to create the assembler and disassembler found in the SDK.
Useful SDK Links: - - -
simoncook

Return to Programming Q & A