[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Porting a c program to epiphany

Porting a c program to epiphany

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Porting a c program to epiphany

Postby Lou_Reed » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Where in the Parallella literature does it discuss porting a serial c program to the epiphany
chip to take advantage of the 16 cores? I know it must say something about it
someplace.

Also, where is the source (on the Parallella website) for the c program demonstrated in a video that shows
how much faster a epiphany ported matrix-multiplication c program is than its serial version?

I believe in the video that the Parallella that was used had 64 cores.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Re: Porting a c program to epiphany

Postby 9600 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Andrew Back

Postby Lou_Reed » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Wait a minute ... wait a minute!

I have been working in the parallel world for several years
now and I know one thing and that this world is fragmented. There
in no parallel ANSI c - if there is, then I have not seen it.

What I do not know is how to compile a program for the epiphany chip.

I have used pthreads, Cilk, CUDA and Verilog. They all approach concurrency
each using its own paradigm.

I again know parallelism and concurrency, but I do not know epiphany
concurrency. I do not even know how to invoke the epiphany c compiler.

I could use something like a getting started document on the epiphany.
Or a document on how to change a serial programs that runs efficiently from serial c to
a program that compiles on the epiphany and runs in parallel.

I am sure that one of the many documents shown on the Parallella website at least
one would address this.

Any help appreciated.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Postby 9600 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 am

Please see the .
Andrew Back

Postby sebraa » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:27 pm

sebraa