[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - COPRTHR 2 Discussion

COPRTHR 2 Discussion

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Re: COPRTHR 2 Discussion

Postby jar » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Nick,

Internally, it's performing DWORD moves (for performance). So if your data isn't a multiple of 8 bytes or 8-byte aligned, you may have problems. Obviously, you found a bug that should be fixed. A workaround is to pad your data and round up the size of the transfer.
jar

Postby mjvbhaskar1000 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:28 pm

mjvbhaskar1000

Postby jar » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

jar

Postby jar » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:17 pm

A new resources and download page is up:
http://www.browndeertechnology.com/reso ... prthr2.htm

There is now real documentation. And the first official Beta (version 20160701) is available now from the link above.

I haven't used it yet...
jar

Postby nickoppen » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:22 am

I got it going last night. It's looking good and having some documentation is great.

From what I have tested so far it seems to be on par with the last pre-release. I'm not sure what code improvements have been made given that the release notes are more of an installation guide.

I sorted the problem I had with sending data to and getting it from the epiphany. My mistake. I didn't call coprthr_memptr().
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:31 am

Browndeer has added some more examples of coprthr-2 programs.

Have a look here:
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:39 am

nickoppen

Postby jar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:22 pm

nick,

From my understanding, you shouldn't compile it like that. In the past, everything was compiled with clcc, but COPRTHR-2 is trying to improve interaction with the existing tools (like e-gcc).

Try compiling timer.c with e-gcc and linking the resulting binary (timer.o) with your passCL.c, compiled with coprcc.

Make sense?
jar

Postby nickoppen » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:35 am

jar,

I'm producing a .o file with e-gcc but I'm getting problems when I try and link it to the .e32 file.

Given that this would be of marginal value I think I'll leave it.

Again, thanks for your help.

nick
nickoppen

Previous

Return to Programming Q & A