[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - ePython can't find my script

ePython can't find my script

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

ePython can't find my script

Postby DJW » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Attachments
Screenshot from 2016-09-21 21-09-36.png
Screenshot from 2016-09-21 21-09-36.png (11.73 KiB) Viewed 14531 times
DJW

Re: ePython can't find my script

Postby polas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi DJW - that's very strange, it seems that it is having trouble with the filename or something in the file such as an inclusion. Could you first try and rename the print.py to something like test.py and rerun (just to check) and second post the contents of this file, is it simply print "Hello world" or something more complex?

Cheers,
Nick
polas

Postby DJW » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi polas,

some more information:

Also if I change the content to a simple print "Hello World" the same error occurs.
I also tried to rename the file to arrays.py (which works - copied from the examples-folder) but the same error occurs.
Something with the file seems to be wrong, somehow I can only execute files from the examples folder.

Thanks for helping :)

Greetings from Germany
DJW
DJW

Postby polas » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Huum, that is very strange. From looking at your files that you posted the screenshot of they seemed to be owned by root - but it seems like you are running under the parallella user? I see you have read for other users, so it should be readable regardless OK but if you do sudo chown -R parallella:parallella epython from your home directory to set the owner to be parallella and parallella group, does this fix the issue at all? From the screen shot you posted it seems like the pi.py file in that directory is found OK?

Also are you running the latest ePython (I see you only have a epython-device.srec, since about 3 months ago there should also be an epython-device.elf hence the warning about SREC file format) , if you do a git pull then make that will ensure you have the latest.

Cheers,
Nick
polas

Return to Programming Q & A