[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - How are functions redirected to the cachemanager

How are functions redirected to the cachemanager

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

How are functions redirected to the cachemanager

Postby josemonsalve2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:18 pm

josemonsalve2

Re: How are functions redirected to the cachemanager

Postby olajep » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:27 am

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby josemonsalve2 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks Olajep for your response. That was really useful. It is the first time I dig int BFD and GCC, so it takes some time for me. But you pointing out this places made it easier.

Now, let's say I want to modify the cachemanager. I have realized that the cachemanager.S file is there just for reference and that the file that is under esdk.2016.3.1/tools/e-gnu.armv7l/epiphany-elf/lib/cachemanager.o is in fact the one that is used at linking time. This means that if I want to change the cachemanager I will need to somehow replace this file by compiling my version and providing it either by replacing the one that is on the esdk, or it might be possible to just use another one with some compiler flag (I haven't really put a lot of though into this, so I might be wrong).

But before I get to that point, I need to compile the cachenamager.S file. But I have not been able to do this with epiphany-elf-gcc. Is there any insight on how I could do this. I bet it is something simple but I don't want to waste too much time figuring it out.

Thanks and have a great day.

Jose
josemonsalve2

Postby olajep » Fri May 12, 2017 4:55 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby josemonsalve2 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:46 pm

OMG that was a dumb question. I should have figured that out myself. I was thinking it would be too complicated.
josemonsalve2

Return to Programming Q & A