[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - help with building yocto layer for e-sdk.

help with building yocto layer for e-sdk.

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

help with building yocto layer for e-sdk.

Postby anupkini » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to build an yocto layer for the e-sdk and stuck with a few errors.
Here is a copy of the config log generated after the configuration.
config.log =

Is it necessary to have symlink-all script run before configuration ?
I have files placed in the following order
${workdir} /
- gcc/
- binutils/
- gdb/
- newlib/
- cgen/
- sdk/
- epiphany-libs/

all downloaded as zip files from github.
Eg:

I am unable to cross compile even after i use --host in the configure setting.
compile.log =

Let me know if there are any other flags to be set.

Thanks,
Anup.
Synapticon GmbH
anupkini

Re: help with building yocto layer for e-sdk.

Postby jeremybennett » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:29 pm

jeremybennett

Postby anupkini » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I checked the config.log and found the following.
pastebin link config.log =

Kindly have a look and let me know if you can figure out something from the last few lines.

I have placed mpc, mpfr and gmp in the gcc directory also this time.
I am able to compile other packages using arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc but unable to build the e-sdk.

Any pointers on resolving this would be of great help :( .

Thanks,
Anup.
anupkini

Postby anupkini » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 am

Hi all,

Is it possible to cross-compile e-sdk ?
what i want to know is, can i build th e-sdk with CodeSourcery toolchain on my desktop and then deploy it on my parallella board ?

I saw in the configure script that, cross_compiling was hard-coded to NO.
Any specific reasons ?
- line 541.

Thanks,
Anup
anupkini

Return to Programming Q & A