[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - COPRTHR-2: Host calls from the epiphany

COPRTHR-2: Host calls from the epiphany

Moderator: dar

COPRTHR-2: Host calls from the epiphany

Postby nickoppen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:29 am

Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Re: COPRTHR-2: Host calls from the epiphany

Postby dar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Nick,
I have implemented user-defined host calls. Let me look into this to see what is going on. I will follow up.
dar

Postby nickoppen » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:56 am

Thanks dar,

I've updated my git repository () with the call back code in it.

nick
nickoppen

Postby dar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Nick,
Just an update. The documentation is unclear, but the bigger issue is that when I ported to the 2016 parallella image, symbol changes for this feature were overlooked. The changes from 2015 to 2016 images included completely changing the ABI symbol naming conventions and required going through and adjusting in many places. This got overlooked. I will update when I get this resolved and my test code is able to link.
-DAR
dar

Postby nickoppen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks David,

I'll keep an eye out for updates.

nick
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:12 am

Hi Davi,

Have you had a chance to update the code to reflect the changes?

I'm still working on the idea that the ARM cores and the epiphany cores can work together in parallel so that the results from the epiphany processing can be collated on the host cores while the epiphany cores are working on the next chunk of data. I was hoping to use host calls to kick off a process on the ARM to retrieve the data from shared memory.

If there is another way of doing this I'd be glad for some pointers.

nick
nickoppen

Return to OpenCL