[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Software defined radio

Software defined radio

Moderator: tjt7a

Software defined radio

Postby yonidavidson » Fri May 15, 2015 10:46 am

Hi,
I represent a team of researchers.
We are planning on building a software defined radio (Reciever only) based on the Parallella platform.
I would like to connect an Analogto Digital convertor with a high sampling rate, unfortunally most of them are pcie commonication based.
I can live with some latency but I think that connecting to the Parallela FGPA will be possible to get a high thrupout connection .

Does anyone have experience with any of this ?

Thanks,,
Yoni
yonidavidson

Re: Software defined radio

Postby 9600 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:56 pm

A Myriad-RF design has been done which may be of interest:

https://myriadrf.org/projects/parallella-rf/

To the best of my knowledge this has not been manufactured as yet, although . And it's really just a variation on the tried and tested Myriad-RF 1 module, so in theory there shouldn't be any surprises, assuming the Parallella interface side is all correct.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby yonidavidson » Sat May 16, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks for the quick answer.
I see in your previews posts that when using Parallella in Headless configuration , you can expand more ports on the FGPA.
You have written that you are working on extending more ports this way.

"Finally, a peripheral-rich “megaio” configuration is also in the works, which will provide second Ethernet (external PHY required), I2C and UART ports, plus SPI and CAN bus."
http://forums.parallella.org/viewtopic. ... 1154#p7248

Have you succeeded creating any high speed ports this way ?

All i need is an high speed port to connect the A2D , I can manage the latency needed to transform the data from the host.

Thanks,

Y
yonidavidson

Postby yonidavidson » Sat May 16, 2015 9:23 am

Hi,
Based on this :
http://www.parallac.org/#contact

I think that I might just use a bridge to connect my A2D to an external storage device to keep the data and connect them both to a Parallela board for processing,

Does do you any problem with this Architecture ?

As I said before , I don't mind the latency and since my data input will be much bigger then my processing skill I'll need an external storage for buffer.

Thanks

Y
yonidavidson

Postby 9600 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:58 am

Andrew Back

Return to Software Defined Radio