[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Fast / medium fast : AtoD & DtoA

Fast / medium fast : AtoD & DtoA

Moderator: tjt7a

Re: Fast / medium fast : AtoD & DtoA

Postby 9600 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am

Andrew Back

Postby tnt » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 pm

As I said earlier, I'll make an adaptater board for the Myriad RF, so you can plug it on the parallella. There is no PA but for room testing, it's fine. And if you want to do more that room testing, you need external band specific harmonics filter anyway if you don't want to jam the whole spectrum ...

I expect to be this 'adaptater' board to be fairly easy to make @home using prototyping service and to adapt it on the specific needs.
It's much easier than redoing a board with the Lime Micro chip on it (which needs board spec above most prototyping service and is not easy to solder by hand).
tnt

Postby tcrisall » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:51 am

Is anyone familiar with a project called OpenADC?

it's based on the Analog Devices AD9215 (10 bits @ 105msps). I've not found much discussion on this particular device being played with as a SDR device - perhaps the 10bit sample is just not going to result the overall sensitivity required...

I'm very much a newbie so I'd be interested in the opinions of others who have more experience in this field.

Thanks,

Tim
tcrisall

Postby 9600 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:57 am

Andrew Back

Postby tnt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 am

This indeed looks like a very interesting board for HF and the low part of VHF.

10 bits is completely sufficient for many applications, especially since most signals in those range are fairly narrow band, so you can benefit a lot from decimation gain.
tnt

Postby tcrisall » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 am

Considering my interest in SDR is primarily with traditional HF radio and my goals have more to do with knowledge gain than receiver gain, I hit the order button. So if Folknology is scanning this thread - put me down for a Samtec connector to 0.1" pitch breakout board should you decide to produce them.

Tim
tcrisall

Postby coflynn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Sadly I missed the Kickstarter, so can't contribute too much, although I was going to see if someone had an extra they would sell me as I'm very interested in this project.

But I'm the designer/author of that OpenADC project. There's already some Xilinx code for downloading to a dual-port FIFO, which could then be interfaced to 'whatever' on the other side pretty easily. The FIFO takes care of dealing with bursty data transfers.

The OpenADC uses the 'PMOD' connector style (like on the ZedBoard), if the SAMTEC adapter was built with a PMOD style it would plug right in. I could make a version of it with the SAMTEC connectors if there was a lot of interest.
coflynn

Postby moeter » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 am

I would be interested in an openadc board. And I'll get a parallela cluster with 8 parallela boards.
Maybe we can make a deal, but I'm from Germany and maybe there is someone nearer to you for a parallela? ;)
moeter

Postby coflynn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Hmm didn't even think of that... would be happy to trade the OpenADC for a parallela if someone is interested! Headed to ESC/Design West so can't look into it right now, but will check out how the mapping between pins would work, could spin off an adapter board when I've got time.
coflynn

Postby tcrisall » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm

tcrisall

PreviousNext

Return to Software Defined Radio