[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella 7010 no GPIO - no Samtec Connectors

Parallella 7010 no GPIO - no Samtec Connectors

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Re: Parallella 7010 no GPIO - no Samtec Connectors

Postby 9600 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:38 am

Andrew Back

Postby greytery » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:02 am

tery
greytery

Postby FHuettig » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 pm

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby greytery » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks Fred.

I was just getting jealous. :cry:
I'd since done a bit of DuckDucking and am less concerned now about bricking a board - if it comes to that. I have two.
Actually, I believe it's the same sort of risk that '000's of PC BIOS upgraders have been running for decades: that process has always been subject to Power and/or Finger failures.

tery
tery
greytery

Postby greytery » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:46 am

Good to see the pictures of the .
{Picky} Not the final images though - the reset button and caps are still in their current positions.

I see that Adapteva have made a sensible choice of removing the USB and HDMI chips and sockets as well as the Samtec connectors. Cool! Well, definitely cool-er!!
When my CFO/wife authorises the funds - these are the way to go to build that supercluster. :)

BUT -
Default linaro Ubuntu (and nano) images do not have the openssh (or any sshserver) package installed.
As I found on the build, you need to run the board up with HDMI in order to install openssh, before you can revert to headless. I could do that because MY version still has the sockets, etc.
Not sure if the UART can be used to perform the apt-get install - I suspect it can - but there are some incompatibilities (which I don't understand).

So, likely that the default Parallella linaro Ubuntu image (- and shodrucky's Nano build instructions - ) will need updating to ensure this vital package is included.
Are you intending to release a separate Parallella headless/server image?

Cheers,
tery
greytery

Postby AlbertoGP » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:17 pm

I think that the final images are what you can see in the page about the new heatsink:

The caps are in the same place but they are smaller, and it looks like they just removed the reset switch which is a bit worrying for me: I need it occasionally to get the board to boot after powering it up.
AlbertoGP

Previous

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A