[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Advantages of different methods of connecting boards

Advantages of different methods of connecting boards

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Advantages of different methods of connecting boards

Postby jahorin » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:47 pm

It seems like in terms of interconnecting multiple parallella boards, there is a variety of options and ways to do so. Just speculation from most of the cluster projects I've seen, the most common seems to be connecting power supply through the mounting holes with J15 shorted and then using ethernet cables with a switch to go from there. What I haven't seen as much is connecting using the PEC's between boards. My question then I guess is, what is the most dependable way of connecting boards to create a cluster?
jahorin

Re: Advantages of different methods of connecting boards

Postby 9600 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:36 pm

AFAIK the only method that has really been tested is using Ethernet. Although I'd be interesting in hearing from anyone who connects their boards together via PEC_NORTH and PEC_SOUTH. Of course, you could also use PEC_FPGA also if you implemented some sort of controller in the PL.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby jahorin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Andrew,

Thank you for the reply. I saw aolofsson's comment this morning about the Porcupine boards () and I might try to snag a few when they become available. Otherwise it seems like just making eLink cables from buying the connectors from samtec (BTH-030-01-F-D-A) and soldering ribbon cable is a possibility- if only I trusted my (very limited) soldering skills to do the job.

For anyone- has there been any word on when eLink cables will become available to purchase? I've seen the question asked a few times and don't know if I've seen an answer.

Thanks,
-Jay
jahorin

Postby 9600 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Andrew Back

Postby piotr5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:27 am

piotr5

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A