[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - RPi Camera bounty

RPi Camera bounty

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Re: RPi Camera bounty

Postby aolofsson » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Wow, this is outstanding!! Will you be collecting your bounty? :D
Happy New Year!
Andreas
aolofsson

Postby tnt » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Very nice !

I'm travelling for the holidays atm, but I'll definitely give this a shot next week.

BTW a few comments / questions.
- You should definitely update the MODULE_AUTHOR to your name ... I only wrote a skeleton kmod that did nothing useful.
- The 2048 pixel debayering wasn't really a bug imho. I made that as a conscious decision to save BRAMs since only the full raw resolution is > 2048.
- Tab 2 Space ... arghhh you're killing me here :p Official kernel style is TAB and it should be so if we want to push that upstream.
- What's that about LEVEL_SHIFTER ? I ran the interface at 425 Mbps while going through both the flat flex and a .1inch ribbon cable hacked up (before I got the porcupine).

Cheers,

Sylvain
tnt

Postby jpwhitt » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks for the comments Sylvain, I did wonder if you'd chosen the BRAM deliberately - and yes I admit it does seem a bit of a waste of another BRAM block just for an extra 650 odd pixels. I'm not sure what the consensus of opinion would be; resolutions over 1080p or an extra free BRAM block? Personally I think I'd chose the extra resolution, until of course, I ran out of space! However, I'll revert the debayer and restrict the driver to only raw mode over 1080p if you think that's best?

Tab vs spaces - noted. Sorry, force of habit. :oops: I'm from a hardware background and tabs were frowned upon where I used to work.

The LEVEL_SHIFTER define: I couldn't get the camera to transfer data successfully on your original settings for the higher resolutions and my assumption was that the lack of the resistor network described in the XIlinx app note to correct for the difference in logic levels was the reason for this. So I dropped the clock frequency until it worked. If your board also has no resistors added then maybe there's something else wrong with my set-up?

Thanks Andreas, I'll make the changes as above and then submit a pull request.
Seasonal greetings to you also!

Jason
jpwhitt

Postby tnt » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:03 pm

tnt

Postby jpwhitt » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Hmm... so, I checked the applied constraints - they all look ok, except I have LVDS on GPIO_*[9:6] which I think is correct according to both the schematic and your rpi_cam.xdc. Then I tried your pre-built bitstream again and that gave me exactly the same corrupted image on 1080p and above.

I might try giving the ribbon cable a bit of a wiggle...

Further investigation will have to wait until the new year though as it's getting late here and I'm travelling early tomorrow. Definitely agree on the Vivado block RAM option, I'll look at including that when I return in the New Year. 'Bye for now.
jpwhitt

Postby tnt » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:17 am

tnt

Postby aolofsson » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:20 pm

wrt to IDELAYS, I am doing something similar with the new elink, except I gave up on meeting timing with constraints all together. The worst-casing of Vivado makes it impossible to meet timing at 3ns and above.
Instead I send out a pilot sequence of reads from ARM and scan the full range of idelays, then pick the middle of the "good range" where reads actually come back.

https://github.com/parallella/oh/blob/m ... c/e-main.c

Seems to work well...
aolofsson

Postby tnt » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:31 am

Yeah that's why I included those in the first place and why the core has some error detection / reporting to detect ECC errors and invalid packets.

However we can't just trigger read. You basically need to reset everything including the sensor between each IDELAY tries and see if the data comes back with valid frames which definitely takes a while.
tnt

Postby jpwhitt » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:37 pm

jpwhitt

Postby igorg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:06 am

Hi guys,

there is one question regarding image quality from sensor. Even during daylight conditions the image is full of green tones (see attachment). It looks like something with AEC or AWB features but I'm not sure.
I've tried to switch camera into test pattern generation mode and displayed pattern looks good, so CSI RX core works correctly. I have this issue when controlling camera by Linux driver or Sylvain's standalone application both.

Does anyone was able to get "clean" balanced image by RaPi camera and Zynq? Could you point me to the right sensor registers values probably?

Thanks in advance,

Igor
Attachments
Camerashot#0.jpg
Captured "green" image
Camerashot#0.jpg (273.32 KiB) Viewed 32996 times
igorg

PreviousNext

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A