[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Show your Parallella!!

Show your Parallella!!

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Re: Show your Parallella!!

Postby hewsmike » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:06 am

Thanks Claggy!

And since Shodruky asked for it, here it is spookin' a bit :lol:

Maybe I'll get to the programming stuff after the weekend .... :roll:

Cheers, Mike.

( edit ) That's two LED's in parallel and at 5V - tapped off the USB - for these ones you need around 120 Ohms in series to cut their voltage drop to nominal at ~ 3.2V
hewsmike

Postby shodruk » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 am

Great! That's super cool both in looking and temperature! :D
I'm using desktop fan but it's very obtrusive.
I want that!
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby mikael » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi guys,

Please check my post viewtopic.php?f=45&t=901 -

Can you please confirm that when the Parallella arrives it's declared as of a value of ~$00 and is actually shown as sent from "CFSMALL.COM X 02766 NORTON" and anyhow it's a 314 gram brown parcel?

Into the EU I got mine from Deutsche Post however the delivery note here is clear it's from the USA per the above.

Thanks!
mikael

Postby mikael » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Yey, it's it :D I will come with some great news for you in a couple of minutes -
mikael

Postby 9600 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 am

There are a few pictures of my board in a :D

Next up: make a case for it!

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby shodruk » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 am

Thank you, Andrew.
I too want to make a case urgently. :)
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby hewsmike » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 am

I'll point out that after giving my E16 a good thrashing, with two heatsinks as per prior pic's, the temperatures are rock steady in the mid 30's ( Celsius ) - say 34 to 36 - for both the Zynq and Epiphany. I used a medical grade IR radiometer type probe.

Cheers, Mike.
hewsmike

Postby ubii » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Anyone know where I might source a second heatsink for my board, as I have yet to find one online with the correct dimensions?
ubii

Postby Claggy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:47 am

Claggy

Postby hewsmike » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:25 am

My other Parallella has got on them. These are a bit bigger, in area, than the Zynq and Epiphany chips that they sit upon and have worked well thus far. I'd still recommend some fan involvement in addition though.

Cheers, Mike.
hewsmike

PreviousNext

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A