[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - GIO pins and programing of FPGA

GIO pins and programing of FPGA

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

GIO pins and programing of FPGA

Postby SFENCE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Hello everybody,

I have read the document about parallella board and I think there is a possibility to attach I/O pins from PEC south and PEC north directly witch FPGA chip zynq. By redirecting signals in FPGA Xilinx project. Am I right?
I will probably need to use more than 46 I/O ports, and parallella board looks like really great low power and powerful solution.

Next thing for me, it looks like it is be enough to own JTAG cable to program FPGA. Have anybody some good experiences with some useful JTAG cable for Linux? Probably with Xilinx software. I know, Xilinx ISE design tools and Vivado design tools supports Linux. In the past I have been able to run ISE under linux, but I didn't find the programing interface.

Thanks for help.
SFENCE

Re: GIO pins and programing of FPGA

Postby barbiani » Sun May 04, 2014 11:19 am

I am also interested on this topic.
barbiani

Postby gceline » Mon May 05, 2014 12:39 pm

There is much discussion about this on different areas of the Forum and these links may help as well
http://www.parallella.org/docs/parallella_manual.pdf
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1114
https://github.com/parallella/parallell ... aster/fpga
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby timpart » Mon May 05, 2014 4:21 pm

timpart

Postby gceline » Mon May 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Sorry - I missed that point, timpart is correct, the PECnorth and PECsouth are dedicated to the Epiphany. However there is a 3rd and 4th PEC connector - PECFPGA provides the desired access to the FPGA IO that you are looking for.
This is documented in the Parallella manual http://www.parallella.org/docs/parallella_manual.pdf
and in the schematic http://parallella.org/docs/parallella_schematic.pdf
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A