[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Contiki System

Contiki System

Contiki System

Postby pgater » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Andreas tweeted about this system a couple of days ago (by the way enjoy reading the articles you post, keep up the good work :D ).

It looks very appealing as it does not look too fierce for a beginner (me), and is also the type of application that may suit my requirements. So much so. that I may download this and try out after I get my boards up and running :D (fan problems :!: ).

What are the experts views?

Regards,

Paul
pgater

Re: Contiki System

Postby Gravis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 am

for those interested: http://www.contiki-os.org/

"Contiki: The Open Source OS for the Internet of Things"
Gravis

Postby pgater » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi,

Having (hopefully) solved my fan problems with parallella, I am now waiting for a cable in the post! :shock:

I have used the time to download and set up a copy of Contiki to explore. Easy to download and set up. Exploring......... :D

Regards,

Paul
pgater

Postby pgater » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,

Still exploring Contiki :D . Also trying to become a passable C programmer from a terrible C programmer! :lol:

Since Epiphany is literally a network of cpu's on a chip and Contiki is specifically designed for use on constrained hardware, I intend to have a go at compiling an OS for each core. This is not the end of the story, just the beginning as I have a specific model in mind to run Contiki on my board instead of Linux. So I may not post again for a while, but I intend to have look at this and share any results. :D This is one way I may become a passable C programmer as well! 8-)

PS :- Enjoyed Andreas's keynote speech and await the announcement of the 1000 core chip specs with excitement. :D By the way, 1024 cores sounds a nice number :mrgreen: (When this is available, I may be one of the first in the queue to buy!! :D :D :D )

:roll: Enabled email notification!!

Regards,

Paul
pgater

Postby timpart » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:19 pm

timpart

Postby matthias.b » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi,

I just saw this thread and I couldn't find the referenced tweet.
Is there already work done in porting contiki to the epiphany or was it just the idea?
Would be really interresting to see this!
matthias.b

Postby pgater » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 pm

@Timpart,

Sorry I have not replied earlier :oops: . I realise there are practicalities involved so 1024 may not be achievable. If we have hardware that is not perfect, then the software in the future may have to be written to use the best bits of a bad core, ie hardware tolerant.

@Matthias.b
I am not a Twitter member. The only reason I use Twitter at present is to read Andreas's posts :D (keep up the good work :D :D )

I have looked up the post and copied the link below from my browser(if this works :o )

https://twitter.com/adapteva/status/474259753804500992

As outlined in the post above, I am having a look at porting to Parallella, plus learning to use my board and hoping to improve my skills, but it may take a while. :D I have also joined the Contiki developers list to further understanding. :)

Regards,

Paul
pgater

Return to Epiphany Operating System