Cluster for 3D

Cluster for 3D

Postby claudio4parallella » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:34 pm

Hi!
Just to share that I've realized an application useful to visualize 3D functions in parametric form
x=x(k,t); y=y(k,t); z=z(k,t)
that is working using a double loop, one numeric (for i=0;i<width;i++) and the other one through the parallel calculation of cores both in a single board asset of 16 cores or using a cluster of Parallella boards using boards*16 cores (in theory up to 8 boards, 128 cores).
Using a single board (16 cores) or a cluster (for example my 64 cores cluster) it is possible to run multiple cycles in parallel: multiple of 16 cores if using a single board or multiple of 64 cores in a cluster of boards in order to process the evolution of trajectories of f(x,y,z) one by each core.
The Host program has a run.ini file in order to run options:
axis yes/no; frame yes/no; assonometry view yes/no; +-zoom value; rotation xy, zy, xz; boost x y or z; step length; number of parallel batteries of cores; number of boards used.
Each core run its own program to model and calculate its f( x(t,k) y(t,k) z(t,k) ) in a form of a template to realize the evolution of the parametric functions.
Actually I'm running and using a cluster of up to 4 and 5 boards with 64 and 80 cores in a cluster of epiphany chips via eLink (North/South gates).
I'm going to apply Runge Kutta applications for 3D derivation of f(x,y,z) through 3D trajectories.

I can only image what we could do if it would be possible to using an access to a Framebuffer or an HDMI output.... still I've not been able to use any HDMI version of the Bitstream.
I hope someone could be able to add an HDMI and a Frambuffer to visualize dinamic 3D functions.
I'm available to share cluster setting and my application to work with multi cores boards.
Attachments
Schermata 2022-03-12 alle 21.11.47.png
Schermata 2022-03-12 alle 21.11.47.png (623.31 KiB) Viewed 32338 times
claudio4parallella

Return to Clustering