Camera Project

Camera Project

Postby Nader_Jendoubi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 pm

hi
I am new in using parallella board
i have a project to realise: interfacing parallella with a 5MP camera and then exploiting video stream for Harris corner detector

What tools should i need to realise the camera implementation (software/hardware co programming, should i program FPGA or ARM and epiphany only)
What are the necessary steps to follow to realise the project

Please answer me, i need help and it's crucial for me
Nader_Jendoubi

Re: Camera Project

Postby 9600 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Whether you need to program the FPGA may depend on what interface your particular camera has.

Andrew
Andrew Back (a.k.a. 9600 / carrierdetect)

Postby Nader_Jendoubi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:49 pm

hi 9600

that means if i have for example a USB camera, i don't need to reprogram PFGA and if i have a camera interface connected to PEC_GPIO of my parallella i need to reprogram it

Another question please, if i reprogram FPGA and generate a BOOT.bin file, this file will replace the initial HDMI support parallella.bit.bin and will lose the HDMI linux output on my screen???

in this case should i reprogram HDMI interface and camera interfcae in the same time. Is it right??
Nader_Jendoubi

Postby 9600 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:48 am

Nader_Jendoubi wrote:that means if i have for example a USB camera, i don't need to reprogram PFGA and if i have a camera interface connected to PEC_GPIO of my parallella i need to reprogram it

That's right.

Another question please, if i reprogram FPGA and generate a BOOT.bin file, this file will replace the initial HDMI support parallella.bit.bin and will lose the HDMI linux output on my screen???

The FPGA configuration bitstream file located in the BOOT volume is named parallella.bit.bit. If you create your own FPGA project from scratch this will not have support for HDMI or eLink (which is used to communicate with the Epiphany). However, you could take one of the existing FPGA projects that have this and modify it to include your additional functionality, provided there are sufficient resources.

Regards,

Andrew

Postby Nader_Jendoubi » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:10 am

Hi Andrew

As i said before , i have an important project to realise and i need you help
So, i wanna use an USB camera and i need to get the video stream for video processing (i wanna use the harris corner detector for this video stream)

How should i programm ARM cores and epiphany and what are the tools and libraries that i should use to realize the tasks

should i use for example open cv libraries
What the tasks the ARM cores and epiphany should do

Thanks Andrew
Nader_Jendoubi

Postby 9600 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Please see the Epiphany SDK documentation and the Parallella examples to get started.

Return to Image and Video Processing