[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - ezesdk/java

ezesdk/java

Moderator: michal.warecki

ezesdk/java

Postby notzed » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:24 am

I've recently gotten back to continuing my quest to create an alternative/experimental/prototyping loader/runtime for the epiphany and this weekend I finally added some Java interfaces to it. As people might have noticed - using the parallella sdk which requires linker scripts and so on is really just a bit archaic and it was just way too much pain for me to put up with for very long.

From the Java side it basically works a bit like OpenCL where the Java can be used to load 'workgroups of kernels' (small stand-alone but multi-core programs, not full-blown C apps) onto the epiphany cores from source or pre-compiled binaries, look up symbols by name and communicate with them. It's lower level though and all the ipc is up to the programmer.

I've been using the C implementation to experiment the epiphany but didn't want to deal with it for GUI functionality so added the Java stuff. Although it's far from complete and i'm still experimenting with almost everything I have enough to write a JavaFX frontend to an epiphany Mandelbrot Set generator - kinda boring but it demonstrates that some of it works.

I posted about it: http://a-hackers-craic.blogspot.com.au/ ... -demo.html

Since there seems to be approximately zero interest in the ezesdk stuff so far let alone the Java bit I don't feel particularly driven to drop a new release out that includes this stuff but I will probably do one in the next few days just to checkpoint the work so far.
notzed

Re: ezesdk/java

Postby castan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:32 am

It's not "zero interest", at least one (myself) !

Thanks for this job. I will try it .
castan

Postby shodruk » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:26 am

That's a great step, keep going on! :D
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby notzed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:42 am

notzed

Postby over9000 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:04 am

over9000

Postby Transcendental » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:18 pm

+1 for "interested in your project"
Transcendental

Postby Gravis » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:58 pm

i think the best way to get java running on epiphany is to make a LLVM backend. right now, there is a java bytecode frontend, so a backend would complete the translation.
Gravis

Postby notzed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:57 am

notzed

Postby notzed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:00 am

notzed

Postby notzed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 am

notzed

Next

Return to Java