[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Editing configuration of default image using SD card reader

Editing configuration of default image using SD card reader

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Editing configuration of default image using SD card reader

Postby ZenoArrow » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi,

Title is fairly self-explanatory but just to be clear, I've got the default Ubuntu-based image installed on an SD card. What I'd like to be able to do is mount this SD card on a computer and alter the configuration files there without needing to boot the Parallella (I have good reasons for this, mainly due to lack of HDMI monitor, or any suitable monitor for that matter).

Currently when I mount the SD card I see 3 files; devicetree.dtb, parallella.bit.bin and uImage. If I wanted to alter network settings in order to automatically connect to a wireless network, how would I go about this? I'm not expecting anyone to give me a point by point guide on how to do this, but some advice on how to get started would be welcome. Thanks.
ZenoArrow

Re: Editing configuration of default image using SD card rea

Postby 9600 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 am

What operating system are you running on your main computer?

There are two partitions on the SD card: BOOT, which contains the files you mentioned, and rootfs, which holds everything else. The first is a vfat partition and can be read/written to from most operating systems, whereas the latter is ext4 and I'm not sure you can easily/safely write to this from Windows or Mac.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Re: Editing configuration of default image using SD card rea

Postby ZenoArrow » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Thank you for the info Andrew.

Crazy at it may seem, my main OS at the moment is Android. I'm thinking it'll be possible to mount an ext4 partition with Android, I'll do some research into this and if I'm successful I'll share the steps I took.
ZenoArrow

Return to Linux/U-Boot