[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Cross compiled kernel 3.14 but hdmi display not working?

Cross compiled kernel 3.14 but hdmi display not working?

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Cross compiled kernel 3.14 but hdmi display not working?

Postby dragon1818 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Hello People,

I have successfully cross compiled the linux kernel 3.14 which downloaded from:

https://github.com/parallella/parallella-linux

I am using Ubuntu 15.10 X64 and arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.9

However, it won't display anything on the hdmi when I copy the newly compiled uImage into the /BOOT of micro sd card to replace the original uImage kernel (ubuntu-14.04-hdmi-z7010-20140611.img) .

The hdmi display work again once I revert it back to the original uImage kernel.

On the other hand, I have attached my kernel configuration file:

config3.txt
Linux Kernel 3.14 Configuration File
(142.21 KiB) Downloaded 2159 times

Log:

LINK vmlinux
LD vmlinux.o
MODPOST vmlinux.o
GEN .version
CHK include/generated/compile.h
UPD include/generated/compile.h
CC init/version.o
LD init/built-in.o
KSYM .tmp_kallsyms1.o
KSYM .tmp_kallsyms2.o
LD vmlinux
SORTEX vmlinux
SYSMAP System.map
OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/Image
Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.o
GZIP arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.gzip
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.gzip.o
CC arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o
CC arch/arm/boot/compressed/decompress.o
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/debug.o
CC arch/arm/boot/compressed/string.o
SHIPPED arch/arm/boot/compressed/hyp-stub.S
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/hyp-stub.o
SHIPPED arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.S
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.o
SHIPPED arch/arm/boot/compressed/ashldi3.S
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/ashldi3.o
SHIPPED arch/arm/boot/compressed/bswapsdi2.S
AS arch/arm/boot/compressed/bswapsdi2.o
LD arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
UIMAGE arch/arm/boot/uImage
Image Name: Linux-3.14.12-parallella-xilinx
Created: Sun Mar 27 20:42:46 2016
Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
Data Size: 16560688 Bytes = 16172.55 kB = 15.79 MB
Load Address: 00008000
Entry Point: 00008000
Image arch/arm/boot/uImage is ready

May I know where did I made a mistake?

Thanks
dragon1818

Re: Cross compiled kernel 3.14 but hdmi display not working?

Postby pilgrim_kevin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:18 pm

I have the same question. anyone else?

anybody can help us?
pilgrim_kevin

Postby sebraa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:59 pm

The current images do not support HDMI. If you need the HDMI output, use the old images from 2014.
sebraa

Postby peteasa » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:13 am

An alternative would be to add the ADI modules to the oh FPGA and build the v4.4 kernel porting the ADI device drivers to the v4.4 kernel. I have done this and am using the hdmi interface with the oh fpga that includes the mailbox interrupt from the Epiphany to the Arm processor, using the yocto distribution, but it is still work in progress! The required files are available via github: See https://github.com/peteasa/parallella and help pages at https://github.com/peteasa/parallella/w ... ng-started. The patches I have used could be applied to the mainline parallella-linux kernel so that you could use the hdmi interface with ubuntu... I leave that as an exercise for anyone interested!
peteasa

Return to Linux/U-Boot