[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Finally I see!

Finally I see!

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Finally I see!

Postby claudio4parallella » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Wow!
may be useful for others who are going to buy from digikey or amazon.com the last Parallellas .

At the end, after some attempts with different images, having tested Parabuntu-2016.11.1-hdmi-z7010, then previous recent versions, tha last attempt with

Ubuntu14.04-hdmi-z7010-2014.06.11 with esdk 5.13.9.10

was finally fully working .

SO, I finally had a chance to see on my HDMI monitor what I never saw from parallella-examples :

para-para
aobech
mandelbrot

and I discovered a full Ubuntu/Linaro version is available with this version of img for Parallella (15Gb of space).

The gap or price paied is that the sdk is at old version if compared with last Adapteva img.

But I could have all the examples working even if with different SD cards.

May be the problem is COPRTHR 1.6 not working with last image ?
claudio4parallella

Re: Finally I see!

Postby MatthiasP » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi claudio4parallella and everyone,
I started my master thesis on the parallella - hopefully not to late to hop on the train :D

I encountered also a problem with these "native hdmi" examples, which tries to directly write to the frame buffer /dev/fb0
Currently I investigate why they do not work, but using the latest image from the github releases (2016.11 7020 with hdmi) and executing as root (not parallella) in a tty it worked for aobech, but not for mandelbrot.
For my purpose (image processing debugging) this is sufficient, but executing as root makes me goosebumps. Probably it is a read permission issue with the shared libraries.

I looked at the Makefile and recognised if one "make" the aobech project , that it is without direct frame buffer writing . Instead, the coprocessor operates in a separate buffer and the arm is copying it to the /dev/fb0. If you uncomment the added compiler flag in the Makefile, it does not work, like the mandelbrot example. The board hang up, so maybe the smem address of the frame buffer is faulty? Has anyone a guess?

Does anybody know, what is wrong with these examples?

Many greetings from Germany,
Matthias
MatthiasP

Postby olajep » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:08 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby MatthiasP » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:13 pm

MatthiasP

Return to Linux/U-Boot