[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Boot Files

Boot Files

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

Re: Boot Files

Postby claudio4parallella » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Here is some suggestions and attempts about the "clock matter" of eSDK:

Last edited by claudio4parallella on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claudio4parallella

Postby ajtravis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby claudio4parallella » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:13 pm

[quote]I think it is a mistake to use a non-LTS Ubuntu release, which is why I'm working on 18.04.[quote]

The limit is to have a NON-HDMI FPGA setting for this release.

Hi!

Claudio
claudio4parallella

Postby rosslav » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:16 am

Hi claudio4parallela and ajtravis,

Hope you are all healthy and safe these COVID days...

I've had my boards (desktop hdmi w/z7010) for several years, but I'm just getting around to setting up a 4-board cluster and would prefer to use the e-links via Porcupine adapters. I've read the earlier comments concerning all the issues with compatibility between the OS and ESDK, so because it's been a while since the last posting I'm wondering:

1. is there now a recent OS (at least 18.04) and ESDK combination that provides functional e-links? And if so, is there any rebuilding required? I'm assuming that the OS would be headless...
2. if a recent OS + ESDK combination is still unknown at the moment, what would be the next oldest releases to use? I'm assuming that the OS would be headless here too...
2. it's not a huge deal, but is it possible for an hdmi OS and appropriate ESDK to have functional e-links? And if so, what rebuilding if any is required?

I've been looking through the forum categories and all the Git repos including Supercores to get myself up to speed, but any suggestions as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

Thx,
Ross
rosslav

Postby ajtravis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:43 am

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby rosslav » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi Tony,

I haven't had my vaccination yet - they are rolling out by age-group in Vancouver, Canada so for me that means probably in the next few months...

I've received a couple of porcupine boards and the ribbon cable and connectors for the e-links, so I'll be working on getting things put together and tested shortly.
I'll post again with my results.

Cheers,
Ross
rosslav

Previous

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)