[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - A Beginners Guide to getting started with the Parallella.

A Beginners Guide to getting started with the Parallella.

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

Re: A Beginners Guide to getting started with the Parallella

Postby AndyC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:58 pm

AndyC

Postby penguin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 am

penguin

Postby davewr2015 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:11 pm

This was a helpful set of examples -- i.e. the series of three posts. Thank you.

I am trying to get the "R" examples running -- so far -- so good. I use R quite a bit for Statistical analysis so comparing it with the AMD 8 core desktops here should be interesting.

BTW: Just don't miss the "configuration lines" -- the exports.... if you download and compile "R".

The configure went fairly quickly -- the MAKE is taking quite a while.

At this point I am testing the headless version and using Putty for SSH -- I will test the monitor version later.

For cooling, I took the side cover off my PC and plugged in an extra fan then set it on the desk blowing over the board. Since I am not running the monitor it seems to run fairly cool.
davewr2015

Previous

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)