[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Please check out my Parallella/Epiphany walkthrough guide!

Please check out my Parallella/Epiphany walkthrough guide!

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

Please check out my Parallella/Epiphany walkthrough guide!

Postby smatthews » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a CS professor who taught a course on parallel computing last semester that incorporated the Parallella board. As part of my prep, I developed a series of teaching materials/tutorials to help my students set up, use and understand the Parallella board and Epiphany architecture. You can access my materials at: http://suzannejmatthews.github.io/

The site includes how to set up your Parallella for first time use, connect to it via SSH, and walk-throughs of basic Epiphany examples, including bug-fixes to the dot-product example. My students had Windows laptops, so the materials are designed with the assumption that you have a Windows laptop and purchased the Parallella Desktop Edition.

Some tutorials of interest:
Parallella setup (including item purchase list): http://suzannejmatthews.github.io/2015/ ... arallella/
Connecting to your parallella via SSH: http://suzannejmatthews.github.io/2015/ ... arallella/
Epiphany programming module: http://suzannejmatthews.github.io/2015/05/31/epiphany/

I would certainly appreciate any and all feedback to improve this material. If you see any errors/areas for improvement or have any other suggestions, please let me know. This is my gift to the community -- I hope you find it helpful!

Best,

- Suzanne
smatthews

Re: Please check out my Parallella/Epiphany walkthrough guid

Postby capnrob97 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Nice!
capnrob97

Postby rviertel » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:01 pm

These are very helpful
rviertel

Postby smatthews » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 pm

I'm very glad! I hope to add more posts at some point.

I will be presenting a paper on the Parallella and my teaching experiences with it in October. Will post a link to the paper on the forums once that comes out!
smatthews

Re: Parallella/Epiphany walkthrough guide!

Postby roborob » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:13 am

Hi Suzanne,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your Hello Epiphany walkthrough on .

Best regards,
Rob
roborob

Postby smatthews » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:19 pm

You are very welcome! My semester has started up again, but I'm hoping to have another example published in the blog in a few weeks. Will post to the forums once I'm done!

-Suzanne
smatthews

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)