[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Running your own code on the Epiphany in 60 seconds

Running your own code on the Epiphany in 60 seconds

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

Running your own code on the Epiphany in 60 seconds

Postby polas » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:23 pm

polas

Re: Running your own code on the Epiphany in 60 seconds

Postby philipz » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:14 am

Great!!!
Could EPython combine with Jupyter or IPython ? Thanks.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=850
philipz

Postby polas » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi - yes it should be possible especially as the source is available for both. Sounds like it would be an interesting project, let me know how you get on with this and if you have any questions/problems.
polas

Postby rviertel » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:55 am

This is excellent! Exactly what I needed to begin learning how to use the epiphany chip. Will this work with libraries such as numpy scipy etc.?
rviertel

Postby leon_heller » Thu May 19, 2016 9:48 am

When I run this on my Kickstarter board I have a problem:

parallella@parallella:~$ epython hello.py
epython-host: ERROR: SREC file support is deprecated. Use elf format.

Error loading Epiphany program

Any ideas what is going wrong?
Leon Heller
G1HSM
leon_heller

Postby sebraa » Thu May 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Use the 2016.3.1 bugfix release, it should support loading SREC files again. The only long-term solution is to make ePython use ELF files instead.
sebraa

Postby polas » Thu May 19, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks for the report, I have updated ePython to additionally build an ELF device executable and default to loading this ELF version rather than the SREC so that should fix the issue.

Cheers,
Nick
polas

Postby t3chman » Thu May 26, 2016 6:55 am

I'm having some trouble getting the first hello world example to run properly. I've checked that the environment variables are configured correctly and that I haven't made any typo's. Also chmod'd the file to make it executable, although I don't think that's necessary. Here's the error I get:

root@parallella:~/epython# epython hello.py
/usr/bin/epython: line 28: 18620 Bus error $FILE "$@"

The bus number changes each time I execute it. Any ideas?

Thank you for writing a great intro to the Epiphany! :)
-----
Gabe
t3chman
t3chman

Postby polas » Thu May 26, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi - sorry to hear you are having issues, I guess this is a "normal" 16 core Epiphany chip? Which image are you using, are you using the latest (March) one? Can you run other (non-ePython) examples OK on your Parallella?
polas

Postby t3chman » Fri May 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Yes, I just purchased the 16-core Parallela Micro-server off Amazon this week. I'm using the latest headless image of Ubuntu. I actually haven't attempted any other examples yet, but was planning on it. Do you have any recommendations? I'll start looking :)
-----
Gabe
t3chman
t3chman

Next

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)