[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Example Projects

Example Projects

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

Example Projects

Postby aolofsson » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:57 pm

They say a working example is worth a 1,000 words....

I recommend starting your journey here:

https://github.com/parallella/parallella-examples

Andreas
aolofsson

Re: Code Examples

Postby vivi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi,

I am new to Adapteva. Could you please let me know that i have a FibonacciSeries.C application which is the output generated from my tool. From this point, how can i run my C application on epiphany cores, when i looked into Mandlebrot example i see that there is one host.c and Epiphany.c. Please let me know the steps.

Regards,
VIvi
vivi

Postby DonQuichotte » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:00 am

Hi

Search "Parallella Chronicles", you'll understand the "ARM" and "Epiphany" parts I think. I did.
The "Parallella examples" contain a few basic examples.
prime, mandelbrot, hello... they are good starting points.

I'm intending to write a small tutorial on that soon.
SPMD-oriented, for beginners.
Learning from my mistakes.
It will live on https://github.com/DonQuichotteComputers/paralle2
Tutorial #1 is just finished, it's intended to be a real starter kit for Parallella.

Parallella is a nice CPU :D
Have fun
DonQuichotte

Postby daniel_dbb » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Hello to all Parallella fans!

I have some projects with Parallella board. I am going to use GPIO for handling some peripherials such as TFT TouchScreen driver, GSM Modules, I/O Controlling and I2C to communicate with some interfaces.
Recently i tested and I have some questions:

1. using para_setgpio doesn't let me put a "solid" signal at any gpio port. Instead of Pulse with proramm controlled lenght I do constanly get only a sigle pulse of 4-8usec (glitch)
2. same problem with Blink - i don't get a pulse of desired length |----------|________| i get |-|_______________ where |-| is "1" at desired GpioPort with length 4-8usec
3. function CParaGpio::SetValue does NOT insert all pins at once, But as before (1st and 2nd question) i get |-| pulse and for each bit next shifted |-|
4. How can I activate 2nd I2C port? /dev/i2c-1

I did not change anything at gpio_dir example. What should I do (idea, example ...) to get proper output at gpio?

Any answer would help allot!

Parallella is board I have waited for a long time,
Daniel
daniel_dbb

Postby microchips-n-dip » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:27 am

Hi Parallella Community!

I'm working on some pretty computationally intensive AI projects. You can therefore imagine my interest in acquiring a few parallella boards. I only have one issue. I can't read the examples and by extension have no clue how to program the thing. I'm a decently experienced C++ user and I know the basics of MPI. If someone could walk me through either the code examples already in existence or how to program the board, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
microchipsndip
microchips-n-dip

Postby nickoppen » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:05 am

Hi,

I've written some blogs about getting going with programming on the parallella. I've got a bunch of them but probably the best getting started one is if you want to use code::blocks or if you want to use Eclipse (I suggest code::blocks). I'm working towards building a neural network simulator so some of my examples are from that project.

If you are just starting out with parallel programming and have never worked through the process of splitting up a task this might be interesting: . I wrote this before I recieved my board so I have not fully implemented the structure that I outlined in this post.

If you are familiar with parallel programming but unfamiliar with how you go about programming the Parallella board then this might be interesting: .

The examples quoted above () cover various applications. They all use make files if you are more command line sort of programmer. They are more of the "nut-it-out-yourself" type examples with most having little documentation.

nick
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)