[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB has stopped working and an intermittent fault!

USB has stopped working and an intermittent fault!

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB has stopped working and an intermittent fault!

Postby shodruk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby leon_heller » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:38 am

I tried the HDMI cable on my BBB, and had the same problem. I'd assumed that the cable was OK because the last time I'd used it with the BBB, it was OK. I've just picked up a new cable and the board seems to be functioning properly with that. The power supplies I've been using are definitely OK.

That just leaves the non-working USB, I've raised an RMA request. Adapteva are trying to reproduce the problem, which seems to be affecting other users, but haven't managed to do so.
Leon Heller
G1HSM
leon_heller

Postby TimW » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:52 pm

I've got four boards with non-functioning USB. It's pretty frustrating that I can't get confirmation whether it is a hardware or a firmware problem, and it was even more frustrating that I couldn't see any of the demos.....however....

...if you have a non-functional USB connection and want to see (e.g.) the mandelbrot demo - which is pretty spectacular BTW - you can do it by logging in via ssh and doing "sudo killall lxdm-binary" which will reveal a display where you can actually see the framebuffer. Then you can just run the demos as per normal.

BTW, I get an error about a mismatch in the matrix results when I run that example - does that imply that there may be other problems with my board as well?

Verifying result correctness ...

ERROR: C_epiphany is different from C_host !!!
Last edited by TimW on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Another useful ssh command if you are on an X based system (install xQuartz on a Mac):

ssh -fX linaro@linaro-nano.local Parallella/parallella-examples/xtemp/xtemp

Let's you see the temperature monitor...
TimW

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting