[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB not working

USB not working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB not working

Postby theyogre » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:20 pm

I've tried all the workarounds as best I'm able. I've booted the board with every combination of USB keyboard, mouse, and powered hub I have, with the long USB cable attached, with no USB cable attached. I've transferred the SD card to another machine and looked at the syslog, but I don't know what to do with the information there. I connected via ssh, but don't know what to do once I'm connected. I tried reading through the "speeding up Ubuntu" guide, but it is out of date for the latest release of everything (e.g. under the section particularly noted for helping with USB problems (dvtmps enabling, or something like that), the nodes are already present, "nano" isn't recognized when I try to use it in any commands in the terminal, and the instructions say "don't use this with the latest release", although not in those exact words).

My syslog is attached to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1375

One thing I have noticed is that the boot screen consistently shows:

Starting SystemD Login Management [fail]

Or it could be the line above that. If that is indicated in the syslog, somewhere, it should be there on the other thread. Nothing else indicates [fail].

The board will be essentially useless to me if I have to start it up with workarounds every time, but I can't even get it to start with those. I think I'm done trying with this board unless someone can give me step by step instructions on how to fix it via ssh--not just a drawn out back and forth for attempted trouble shooting. That will take me days to try out each suggested step and submit the results. It has already taken weeks to try all the workarounds in this thread. I don't have a convenient time or place to be borrowing alternative monitors and keyboards (which is what I've done to try the workarounds), since it is not working with the Lapdock that I purchased specifically for use with the board.
theyogre

Postby shodruk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby theyogre » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:24 pm

theyogre

Postby shodruk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Last edited by shodruk on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby AlbertoGP » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:17 pm

AlbertoGP

Postby shodruk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby AlbertoGP » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Please excuse me for interfering again but I get the impression that theyogre is very tired of this problem. I've had similar situations with other devices and I got very upset with them.

The dmesg output and syslog were attached to this post: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1375#p8640

Now, I don't know whether that was with the hub, keyboard and mouse connected or not.
Edit: the post I linked to seems to imply that all those combinations (keyboard only, mouse only, each through hub, both through hub) were tried, but I mean that the dmesg output was probably captured in one specific configuration and I don't know which one it was.
AlbertoGP

Postby shodruk » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:09 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby Sean S » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Why does Adapteva not sort this out? The USB issue has been dragging on for a long time. 'Fixes' have been posted but it does not work for a good number of us. And there is clear indication that something is wrong as people have to use 'long' USB cables to make it work. You are frustrating your loyal backers Adapteva.

I reckon we start a petition and make Xilinx very aware of this issue such that they can put pressure on Adapteva to fix this problem.
Sean S

Postby shodruk » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:34 pm

I think almost all the users don't have the USB issue.
There are about 8000 (at a guess) units that have already shipped, a few people report the issue.
I think it's a initial failure, so you should request a RMA.
Shodruky
shodruk

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting