[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Error running test.sh

Error running test.sh

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Error running test.sh

Postby bumblebee007 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 am

I received my mini cluster Kickstarter reward a few weeks again and have only finished checking all the Parallella boards.
I had been test with two of the boards, trying the different SD images available (the standard Linaro one, the Linaro-nano, Debian 7) and have found one of the boards to fail the matmul-16 test constantly. The error I get is 'ERROR: C_epiphany is different from C_host !!!" all of the other three boards pass this test no problems. I have been trying different things, putting heatsinks on both the Zyng & Epiphany16 chips, different fans etc, all without change. running the ztemp.sh file from on one of the other threads shows that on this board the Zyng Temp is 51.4 C / 124.5 F. The other boards have been working ok with higher temps than this, and no heatsink on the Zyng or Epiphany (but with a fan blowning across the boards)

Does anybody have an Idea how I could workout what is going wrong on the Epiphany chip? it will run the other example programs with no problems, but I understand that they are simple programs that don't work the chip very much. Has anybody come up with a program to run test's on a single core, as I would guess that one core is generating an incorrect result.

Has anybody else had a problem like this and worked out a fix?
I'll keep working on the problem, as I would like find out what is happening and maybe workout a work around, this is all good experience to workout ways to handle cores that my be generating invalid data.
bumblebee007

Re: Error running test.sh

Postby 9600 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 am

Andrew Back

Postby bumblebee007 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Andrew,

Yes I have tried building/running the hello_world example and all looks to work fine.
I also have tried the interrupt demo and it seems to work ok.
I'll have a look at the source code, and see if I can add some debug output, I'm not a programmer (as yet :lol: ) but it might be a good lesson in understanding how to program in C and also learn about the Parallella board, that's one of the reason why I got the boards. :D
bumblebee007

Postby timpart » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:04 pm

timpart

Postby TimW » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:43 pm

I have the same problem with one of my 4 parallellas. I tried printing out the differences but there is no obvious pattern to the non-zeros. Temperature is in the low 70's so it's not that (AFAIK).
TimW

Return to Troubleshooting