[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella Board not bootin

Parallella Board not bootin

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Parallella Board not bootin

Postby jeff.seibert » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:55 pm

After looking through some other posts I think that my board is not booting. I have a 5v 2000mA power supply, a 32 GB micro SD card in plugged and I get a single green LED light to come on. When I plug the mic HDMI cable in my monitor does display anything. I just keeps searching for input. I have tried both boot methods and both gave the same result. Could someone please help me to get this up and running. This is the power supply that I'm using http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 32F1E87588

Thank you,
Last edited by jeff.seibert on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
jeff.seibert

Re: Parallella Board not bootin

Postby leon_heller » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:27 am

200 mA is nothing like enough, you need at least a 2 A supply.
Leon Heller
G1HSM
leon_heller

Postby jeff.seibert » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:35 am

Sorry that was suppose to say 2000mA
jeff.seibert

Postby 9600 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:27 am

@jeff The best way to figure out how far it is getting is to . You can also check your router to see if it is being leased a DHCP address, and if it is you can try to SSH in.

I'd also try booting without HDMI and USB attached, and if you can try a different Micro SD card.

Is the PSU the one supplied or one that you have sourced? Some have experienced issues with lower quality power supplies which are under spec.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby jeff.seibert » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Hello Andrew,

I have tried to boot with and without the USB and HDMI connected but Still get the same results. The power supply is not one that was supply with the board. I bought this one at newegg and it seem to fix the spec according to everything i found. Here is a link to the power supply that I am using (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 32F1E87588). I haven't tried to connect my board through an Ethernet cable yet, but I will try that shortly. When you say UART do you mean something like this(http://www.adafruit.com/products/954). How would i connect to the board via SSH.

Thank you,
jeff.seibert

Postby gceline » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Check out viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1039
If the light is solid and you think it is booting from the SD card, then the Ethernet will get an IP address - check your router and see if this happened.
Then you should be able to ping the Parallella to confirm connectivity.

If you are on a windows machine then use a program like putty.exe to open an SSH session to the board.
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby 9600 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Andrew Back

Postby jeff.seibert » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello Andrew,

What type of program should I use to see the debug messages?

Thank you,
jeff.seibert

Postby 9600 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 pm

A terminal emulator. If you're using Linux, something like Minicom or even just screen. On Windows I think there is something called Hyperterm.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby emkey1 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:51 pm

I think Putty will work on Windows. It's free.
emkey1

Next

Return to Troubleshooting