[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella Board not bootin

Parallella Board not bootin

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: Parallella Board not bootin

Postby jeff.seibert » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Hello,

I will hopefully have my serial cable in hang on Thursday so that I will be able to debug this problem.

Thank you,
jeff.seibert

Postby svidgen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:30 am

I'm curious. Was this ever resolved?
svidgen

Postby jeff.seibert » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:12 am

Hello,

This issue has not been resolved yet because I'm waiting on my serial connector to arrive. Once I have it I will be able to debug my board and hopefully get this issue fixed.

Thank you,

Jeff
jeff.seibert

Postby 9600 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi Jeff,

Keep us posted!

Also, if you're not using an Adapteva supplied Micro SD card, can you try that or another one.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby jeff.seibert » Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the serial cable.

1 ) Do I connect the serial cable to the pins next to the Ethernet input.
2 ) From outside to inside. are the colors black, green, white.
3 ) I confused on how to get the information. I don't know how to configure the applications that i have found to listen to the cable.

Thank you,
jeff.seibert

Postby jeff.seibert » Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Hello,

I have tried a new SD and still no luck. I have the serial cable now, but I can't figure out to get user it properly. I have tried minicom, but I don't think I'm setting the configuration correctly. Any of the application that I've tried either give me nothing or random symbols. One thing that I notices is that while trying to get the serial cable to work the board would randomly turn off. I have no idea. Could someone show me how to setup minicom or a similar application on Ubuntu.

Thank you
jeff.seibert

Postby gceline » Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 pm

The board is marked with the Tx/Rx and GND for the pins
Try this link for more info: http://elinux.org/Parallella_UART_Connection

If you use Putty.exe - when you open the app, select the Serial option on the Session tab.
The only complexity is working out which com port the USB is on - this usually shows up when you plug it in in the system messages.
set the com port (COM4) and the Speed (115200) and click open - this should open a terminal window and hitting enter will give you a prompt. (if the board is working)

If not - reset the board and see what messages come up.
If you boot the board without the SD card, the terminal will show the boot messages followed by the zynq-uboot> prompt.

If you use an SD card you should get a bevvy of start up messages starting with loading the parallella.bit.bin file, then loading the uImage, finally followed by the root@linaro-nano:~# prompt
Attachments
20140501_173950_resized.jpg
20140501_173950_resized.jpg (193.7 KiB) Viewed 22093 times
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby jeff.seibert » Fri May 02, 2014 12:57 am

Attachments
Windows 7 64 bit.png
Windows 7 64 bit.png (361.87 KiB) Viewed 22081 times
jeff.seibert

Postby timpart » Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 am

timpart

Postby gceline » Fri May 02, 2014 3:10 pm

mine looks exactly the same!!! - if I leave it at the default speed of 9600 baud
If I set the terminal to have the correct settings, it works great - 115200 baud
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting