[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Board not showing anything in HDMI but there is green light

Board not showing anything in HDMI but there is green light

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Board not showing anything in HDMI but there is green light

Postby jubertroldan » Thu May 29, 2014 9:11 am

Hi,

I just got my board (Parallella-16 with GPIO Zynq 7020, and I am having problems that there is nothing showing up on the screen. the only indication that I have is the LED on top of the inscription "A" on the "PARALLELLA" label. I used the Parallella Accessory Kit so for sure there would be no issue on the power supply

so what i did was plug-in Micro SD, HDMI to the TV (port J10) and I bought a Wireless Keyboard+Mouse (port J6), (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us ... yboard-800)

I dont have an Ethernet yet so nothing is plugged in, I dont have anything as well in J7. Placed the household Fan since i dont have the 5v DC fan yet. Turned the TV on and switched to HDMI.

Finally I plugged everything in, last is the power supply. then LED lighted green on the Power Adaptor, as well as the LED on top of "A". thats all..nothing happens, no booting.

how else can i check if the board is working? anything i missed? is there any basic video demo out there specific on unboxing?

Appreciate any help, thank you

Parallella.JPG
Parallella plugged in but only showing green light
Parallella.JPG (31.42 KiB) Viewed 10728 times

USB.JPG
Only thing I added, Wireless USB of the mouse+keyboard
USB.JPG (37.58 KiB) Viewed 10728 times

Setup.JPG
basic setup
Setup.JPG (29.4 KiB) Viewed 10728 times
jubertroldan

Re: Board not showing anything in HDMI but there is green li

Postby gceline » Thu May 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Either a serial cable or try these instructions to see if the board is booting. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1162
Remember - the SD card provided by Adapteva may have a blank boot sector! You need to copy the right files into the boot partition or nothing will happen.

If you received a pre-programmed SD card – the BOOT partition is empty. You will need to populate the files in the BOOT partition with the files for your model of board.
On a Linux Machine
Download the Linux kernel package
% wget https://github.com/parallella/parallell ... .02.06.tgz
Copy the linux kernel to the SD card
% sudo tar -xvf rel.14.02.06.tgz -C /path_to_mmc/BOOT

On a Windows machine,
Download the file from Github
https://github.com/parallella/parallell ... .02.06.tgz
Open and unzip with 7-zip or WinZip
Since the BOOT partition is a Fat32 partition, you can copy the files to the BOOT partition on any Windows machine
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Re: Board not showing anything in HDMI but there is green li

Postby jubertroldan » Fri May 30, 2014 3:31 am

Cool, thanks.. its working now. I thought that the SD card has something in it already.

Thanks for the reply! cheers
Attachments
10369194_10152912940312334_147608410651976448_n.jpg
Working with Mouse+Keyboard
10369194_10152912940312334_147608410651976448_n.jpg (86.97 KiB) Viewed 10688 times
jubertroldan

Return to Troubleshooting