[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - HDMI Not Working

HDMI Not Working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: HDMI Not Working

Postby shodruk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:39 am

Thanks whitlom,

SKU A101010
(OK) ubuntu-14.04-140611.img.gz
(OK) parallella_e16_hdmi_gpiose_7010.bit.bin
(OK) kernel-hdmi-default.tgz

(OK) microHDMI to female HDMI
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00507 ... UTF8&psc=1

(OK) 5 Volt 3 Amp Power Adapter, AC to DC, 2.1mm X 5.5mm Plug, Regulated UL 5v 3a Power Supply Wall Plug
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QY ... UTF8&psc=1

(OK) New Sunon MagLev Cooling Fan 25 x 25 x 6 mm DC5V 0.11A GM502PEV1-8 N.GN Gigaware Micro-projector 25x25x6 mm, Fan for Projectors 25 x 25 x 6 mm 5 Volt 0.11A H8616M
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XC ... UTF8&psc=1

Xorg log file contents:
linaro-nano:/var/log> cat Xorg.0.log

That log indicates there is no monitor connected.
I suspect a defectiveness of your HDMI cable or your Parallella.
Last edited by shodruk on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby shodruk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:53 am

Thanks nutpoasa,

1. Parallella SKU? (SKU A1010X0?)

(OK) SKU A101040

2. What type of fan are you using? (e.g. 40mm, 5V, 0.2A)

(OK) 40mm, 5V, .08A
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B88 ... UTF8&psc=1

3. What PSU are you using? (e.g. 5V, 3A)

(OK) 5V, 3A (From Accessory Kit)

4. What HDMI cable are you using? (e.g. microHDMI-HDMI, microHDMI-DVI)

(OK) microHDMI-HDMI (from Accessory Kit)

5. What monitor are you using?

(UN19F4000AF has two HDMI connectors. Have you tried both?)
Samsung TV with HDMI input model # UN19F4000AF

6. Linux image? (e.g. ubuntu-14.04-140611.img.gz)

(OK) unbuntu-14.04-140611.img.gz

7. Kernel? (e.g. kernel-hdmi-140603.tgz)

(OK) kernel-hdmi-default.tgz

8. FPGA bitstream? (e.g. parallella_e16_hdmi_gpiose_7020.bit.bin)

(OK) parallella_e16_hdmi_gpiose_7020.bit.bin

9. Login via ssh, type this command and post the output. (Make sure you are connecting the monitor to the Parallella)
not sure what to do here, I tried ssh linaro@192.168.0.2 but timed out when trying to connect.

See viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1162
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby nutpoasa » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 am

I did try both HDMI ports on my Samsung but neither worked. When I plug my other Linux based computer into the Samsung, it works fine.
I plugged my Parallella board into my range extender with the ethernet cable and did an arp-scan with it connected and without it connected and both had the same output.

EDIT: Removed IP and MAC addresses

None of which have the MAC address of the board.
I appreciate your help.

EDIT: The lights on the ethernet port on the board do blink.
Last edited by nutpoasa on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nutpoasa

Postby shodruk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:44 am

nutpoasa,
Confirm that your router is configured properly with DHCP,
Mount the partition2 of the sd card with another linux computer,
remove THE_MOUNT_PATH/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, sync, unmount and try again.
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby MacTuxLin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm

MacTuxLin

Postby nutpoasa » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Confirm that your router is configured properly with DHCP,

Confirmed

Mount the partition2 of the sd card with another linux computer,

I run Linux Mint.
Disc Info:
BOOT partition:
Size 134 MB
Device /dev/sdd1
Partition Type W95 FAT32
Contents FAT (16-bit version)

Partition 2 rootfs:
Size 7.3 GB
Device /dev/sdd2
Partition Type Linux (Bootable)
Contents Ext4 (version 1.0)

remove THE_MOUNT_PATH/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, sync, unmount and try again.

Done. No success.

Lights on ethernet are green and orange and they do blink.
nutpoasa

Postby shodruk » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:31 am

MacTuxLin, nutpoasa,

Continuous blinking both of the green and orange LED is abnormal.
I suspect a defectiveness of the PSU or the Parallella.

A normal boot situation is like below.

http://youtu.be/Tvk6Ec7zDkE
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby nutpoasa » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 am

Okay, mine is definetly not correct. When I plug my board in, the power light is right but both lights come on for ethernet and they both stay steady on for a short awhile, then they both start blinking, then steady, then blinking etc. Never is just one on at a time.

What is the next step?
nutpoasa

Postby shodruk » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:07 am

If you want to RMA, ask Adapteva.

support[at mark]adapteva.com
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby nutpoasa » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:31 am

Shodruky,
Thank you so much for your time and help. I have contacted support for an n RMA.

Best to you,
Sharon
nutpoasa

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting